PHWT has gone green. Not literally, but we do have a nice new green logo to go with our nice new green initiative which is to encourage all PHWT employees to be that little bit more environmentally considerate. Previously we had lots of little friendly environmental procedures floating about and what we have done is formalise them into an official policy. Each new employee will have a copy of the policy as part of their induction so they will be familiar with our green-ness from the word go.
Tania, Lynne and Robin are leading the initiative and as you can see, they are throwing themselves wholeheartedly into the role.
I once accidentally bounced off a trampoline on Broadstairs beach and it really, really hurt. Take heed: sand is harder than it looks and sport is fraught with danger. Not that this would ever put our newest recruit, Kim Harvey off. Kim joins us as our new Finance Assistant and here are her five facts:
1. My background covers a range of sports; in my twenties I became the British Number 1 Long Course Triathlete, won team silver in the British University Student Association Mountain Bike Championships and qualified two horses for the World Equestrian Games, 3 day eventing. Nowadays my main hobby is mountain biking with my partner Nathan.
2. I am a qualified sports therapist and personal trainer.
3. My greatest achievement to date was becoming a Mum to my son Oskar James.
4. To communicate I have to lip read due to mumps causing deafness when I was aged 5.
5. As a family we love heading down to London or Brighton for a long weekend catching up with friends and family. I recently saw Hairspray in the West End and it is really as good as they say. Alternatively we head over the Welsh border or to the Munros in Scotland for some climbing or cycling. I recently walked the Ring of Steall near Ben Nevis and it was awesome; we could have been on the set of The Lord of the Rings.
Not content with fawning over Anton du Beke on TV, Tania felt the compulsion to track him down, accost him in the flesh and declare her undying love for him. Actually, Tania's husband had taken her along to a conference where Anton was the after dinner speaker, but vigorous stalking makes for a more interesting read.
Tania also took part in a dance competition held that night, which she won (she doesn't do things by halves) and received VIP tickets to see Anton in London where he'll be performing on stage... not an actual date, unless of course Tania has anything to do with it.
Also, here's a picture of Tania and someone who looks exactly like Gerhard Schroeder, the former chancellor of Germany. I'll take her word for that as I'm not up on my former German chancellors...